Bold-PhD, #Masters, *Corresponding, +Equal contribution, ‡Highschool, ∞Volunteer, _Undergraduate
a) Arizona State University (9)
1. T Khodaei∞, S Inamdar, AP Suresh, AP Acharya*, “Drug delivery of metabolism targeted cancer immunotherapy”, Advanced Drug Delivery Reviews, 114242.
2. T Le#, B Aguilar, JL Mangal, Acharya AP*, “Oral drug delivery for immunoengineering” Bioengineering & Translational Medicine 7 (1), e10243
3. Mangal JL, Basu N‡, Wu HJ, Acharya AP*, “Immunometabolism: An Emerging Target for Immunotherapies to Treat Rheumatoid Arthritis” Immunometabolism 2021, 3(4):e210032.
4. Mangal JL, Inamdar S, Le T, Shi X, Curtis M, Gu H, Acharya AP*, “Inhibition of glycolysis in the presence of antigen generates suppressive antigen-specific responses and restrains rheumatoid arthritis in mice”, Biomaterials, 2021 Aug 20;277:121079.
5. R Raja, C Wu, F Limbeck, K Butler, AP Acharya, M Curtis, “Instruction of Immunometabolism by Adipose Tissue: Implications for Cancer Progression”, Cancers 13 (13), 3327, 2021.
6. JL Mangal, JL Handlos#, A Esrafili∞, S Inamdar, S Mcmillian, M Wankhede, Gottardi R, Acharya AP*, “Engineering Metabolism of Chimeric Antigen Receptor (CAR) Cells for Developing Efficient Immunotherapies”, Cancers 13 (5), 1123, 2021.
7. A Esrafili∞, A Wagner#, S Inamdar, AP Acharya*, “Covalent Organic Frameworks for Biomedical Applications”, Advanced Healthcare Materials, 2002090, 2021.
8. Mangal JL+, Inamdar S+, Yang Y, Dutta S, Wankhede M, Shi X, Gu H, Green M, Rege K, Curtis M, Acharya AP*. “Metabolite releasing polymers control dendritic cell function by modulating their energy metabolism.” J Mater Chem B. 2020 May 19.
9. Gesù R Di, Acharya AP, Jacobs I, Gottardi R. “3D printing for tissue engineering in otolaryngology.” Connect Tissue Res. 2019 Sep 16:1-20.
1. PCT/US21/045183 “CAR therapies for treatment” – Abhinav Acharya, Mamta Wankhede, Under option – ImmunoMetabolix, LLC
2. PCT/US20/50305 “Metabolic reprogramming of immune for Autoimmune disorders Prevention/Reversal” – Abhinav Acharya, Joslyn Mangal, Under option – ImmunoMetabolix, LLC
3. PCT/US20/59610 “Central carbon metabolite based polymers for tissue regeneration” – Abhinav Acharya, Kaushal Rege, Under option – ImmunoMetabolix, LLC
4. PCT/US21/12691 “Central carbon metabolite based polymers for Immunotherapy” – Abhinav Acharya, Sahil Inamdar, Under option – ImmunoMetabolix, LLC
5. PCT/US20/33144 “Metabolite delivery for modulating metabolic pathways of cells” – Abhinav Acharya, Under option – ImmunoMetabolix, LLC
b) University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh (15)
1. Acharya AP, Tang Y, Bertero T, Tai YY, Harvey LD, Woodcock CC, Sun W, Pineda R, Mitash N, Königshoff M, Little SR, Chan SY. “Simultaneous Pharmacologic Inhibition of Yes-Associated Protein 1 and Glutaminase 1 via Inhaled Poly(Lactic-co-Glycolic) Acid-Encapsulated Microparticles Improves Pulmonary Hypertension” Journal of the American Heart Association 2021 May 29;e019091.
2. AC Greene, AP Acharya, SB Lee, R Gottardi, E Zaleski, SR Little. “Cranberry extract-based formulations for preventing bacterial biofilms”. Drug Delivery and Translational Research, 11 August 2020.
3. JD Fisher, W Zhang, SC Balmert, AM Aral, Y Kulahci, AP Acharya, J Li, HR Turnquist, AW Thomson, MG Solari, VS Gorantla, SR Little. “Recruitment of Regulatory T Cells Promotes Donor-Specific Tolerance in Vascularized Composite Allotransplantation.” AMERICAN JOURNAL OF TRANSPLANTATION 20, 536-536, 2020.
4. Fisher JD, Zhang W, Balmert SC, Aral AM, Acharya AP, Kulahci Y, Li J, Turnquist HR, Thomson AW, Solari MG, Gorantla VS, Little SR, “In situ recruitment of regulatory T cells promotes donor-specific tolerance in vascularized composite allotransplantation”. Science Advances, 13 Mar 2020, Vol. 6, no. 11, eaax8429.
5. Ding X, Gao J, Acharya AP, Wu Y; Little SR, Wang Y, “An azido-functionalized polyurethane designed for making tunable elastomers by click chemistry”, ACS Biomaterials Science & Engineering. 2019 2020, 6, 2, 852-864.
6. Fisher JD, Balmert SC, Zhang W, Schweizer R, Schnider J, Komatsu C, Dong L, Erbas V, Unadkat JV, Aral AM, Acharya AP, Kulahci Y, Turnquist H, Thomson AW, Solari MG, Gorantla VS, Little SR, “Treg Inducing Microparticles Promote Donor-Specific Tolerance in Experimental Vascularized Composite Allotransplantation”, PNAS. 2019 Dec 2. pii: 201910701.
7. Joseph N, Lawson HD, Overholt KJ, Damodaran K, Gottardi R, Acharya AP*, Little SR*., “Synthesis and characterization of CaSr-Metal Organic Frameworks for biodegradable orthopedic applications.” Sci Rep. 2019 Sep 10;9(1):13024.
8. TW Fuller#, AP Acharya#, T Meyyappan, M Yu, G Bhaskar, SR Little, TV Tarin, “Comparison of Bladder Carcinogens in the Urine of E-cigarette Users Versus Non E-cigarette Using Controls”, Scientific reports, 2018, 8 (1), 507. * – Equal Contributions.
9. MP Hwang, X Ding, J Gao, AP Acharya, SR Little, Y Wang, “A biocompatible betaine-functionalized polycation for coacervation”, Soft Matter, 2018,14, 387-395.
10. ML Ratay, SC Balmert, AP Acharya, AC Greene, T Meyyappan, SR Little, “TRI Microspheres prevent key signs of dry eye disease in a murine, inflammatory model”, Scientific reports, 2017, 7 (1), 17527
11. AP Acharya, KM Theisen, A Correa, T Meyyappan, A Apfel, T Sun, TV Tarin, SR Little, “An inexpensive, point-of-care urine test for bladder cancer in patients undergoing hematuria evaluation”, Advanced Healthcare Materials, 2017 Nov;6(22).
12. Ratay ML, Glowacki AJ, Balmert SC, Acharya AP, Polat J, Andrews LP, Fedorchak MV, Schuman JS, Vignali DAA, Little SR., “Treg-recruiting microspheres prevent inflammation in a murine model of dry eye disease.”, Journal of Controlled Release. 2017 Jul 28;258:208-217.
13. AP Acharya, M Sinha, ML Ratay, X Ding, SC Balmert, CJ Workman, Y Wang, DAA Vignali, SR Little “Localized Multi-Component Delivery Platform Generates Local and Systemic Anti-Tumor Immunity.”, Advanced Functional Materials, 2017, 27, 366.
14. JD Fisher, Acharya AP, Little SR, “Micro and nanoparticle drug delivery systems for preventing allotransplant rejection.”, Clinical Immunology, 160, 1, 24–35, 2015.
15. Acharya AP, Little SR, “Stapled endosome disrupting alginate particles for cytosolic delivery of cations.”, Journal of Drug Targeting – In honor of Prof. Bob Langer, 23 (7-8), 690-697, 2015.
c) University of California, Berkeley (7)
1. Acharya AP, P Sen, K Aran, AB Gardner, M Rafi, D Dean, N Murthy., “A turn‐off fluorescent substrate for horseradish peroxidase improves the sensitivity of ELISAs.”, Journal of Polymer Science Part A: Polymer Chemistry – In honor of Prof. Jean M.J. Fréchet, 53 (2), 206-210, 2015
2. Aran K, Parades J, Rafi M, Yau JF, Acharya AP, Zibinsky M, Liepmann D, Murthy N., “Stimuli-responsive electrodes detect oxidative stress and liver injury.” Advanced Materials. 2015 Feb 25;27(8):1433-6
3. Acharya AP, Rafi M, Woods EC, Gardner AB, Murthy N, “Metabolic engineering of lactate dehydrogenase rescues mice from acidosis.” Sci Rep. 2014 Jun 5;4:5189.
4. Acharya AP, Nafisi P, Gardner A, MacKay J, Kundu K, Kumar S, Murthy N, “A fluorescent peroxidase probe increases the sensitivity of ELISAs by 2 orders of magnitude.” 49 (88), 10379-10381– ChemComm, 2013.
5. AB Gardner, SKC Lee, EC Woods, AP Acharya*, “Biomaterials-Based Modulation of the Immune System”, BioMed research international 2013.
6. Dasari M, Acharya AP, Kim D, Lee S, Lee S, Rhea J, Molinaro R., Murthy N, “H-Gemcitabine: A New Gemcitabine Prodrug for Treating Cancer”, Bioconjug. Chem. 2013, 16;24(1):4-8.
7. Acharya AP, Murthy N, “Synthetic vaccines: Immunity without harm” Nature Materials, 2011, 10(3):166-168.